That moment in your childhood when you realize that Diagon Alley is just the word diagonally….
And the Mirror of Erised is just the word desire backwards.
Didn’t even realize. Does that mean Knockturn Alley is nocturnally (dark/night)?
Yes, and Grimmauld Place is a play on grim old place.
And Dumbledore is just a dumb old door
Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
i love crows so much
crows are amazing
My favorite legend is that crows are the souls of the dead
crows are the coolest shit
crow for prez
Though we aren’t the biggest source of crow facts online you can find more crow facts here on nowyoukno
Anonymous asked: why do you hate tlat? just wonderin, not hatin dude :)
I read it and for some reason, I just couldn’t get into it. Which, you know happens. But then I always see how everyone calls it the ‘jily bible’ and then treats all of the information in it like it is canon, when it isn’t. I have no problem with the author or anything, congrats to her on being able to create something so many people love. It’s just when I read masterlists, it’s always listed it bothers me because I personally think it is just quotable but not that good. Again though, that’s just my opinion.
It didn’t really work for me either. I mean, I didn’t hate it, but definitely didn’t love it. I certainly can’t see why so many people worship it, but hey, everyone has different tastes.
I honestly don’t think it would bother me so much if I didn’t hear about it all the time. It’s like when there’s an actor you hate that everyone else loves. You might be indifferent or personally not like them but hearing about it for some reason makes you hate them more. If that makes sense.
- being in a fandom long term: urrrrrrrrrrgh not this shitty argument again we've covered this